What is the Best Flaxseed Oil
There are a number of flaxseed oil brands available in various health food stores. However, the best flaxseed oil is considered to be the one which is made on low heat, so that all its nutrients are retained. This also prevents the oil from getting oxidized. The oil is extracted from flaxseeds by pressing them. The oil is always packaged and stored in dark or amber-colored bottles. The capsules are also stored in dark-colored bottles to preserve its potency. You can consume flaxseed oil and its supplements in their original form. Combining flaxseed oil in smoothies, fruit juices and also in salads will improvise the nutrient content of the food.
Barlean's High Lignan Flax Oil is considered to be the best flaxseed oil for women and men. This product boasts of pure, unrefined and unfiltered flaxseed oil. Containing lignan, which is a type of plant phytonutrients, this flaxseed oil brand is considered to be the best in its nutritional content. The cost of a 32 ounce bottle is approximately USD 37.75.
The best capsules available in the market is Nature Made Organic Flaxseed Oil, which contains approximately 225 softgels. It is priced at about USD 22.00 for a bottle of flaxseed oil pills, which has an approximate weight of 1000 mg. Let us now take a look at some of the flaxseed oil benefits.
Benefits of Flaxseed Oil
A number of health benefits can be reaped with the use of flaxseed oil on the overall health of an individual. Containing omega 3 essential fatty acids, this oil is known to be a 'heart friendly oil'. Here are some of the flaxseed oil benefits.
- Since flaxseed oil contains omega 3 essential fatty acids, along with omega 6 and omega 9 fatty acids, it is known to help control cholesterol and prevent the occurrence of cardiovascular diseases. It also helps reduce the levels of LDL cholesterol in the blood and facilitate HDL cholesterol.
- One of the flaxseed benefits for hair is that it nourishes the hair follicles and triggers hair growth. It also helps tame dry and unmanageable hair, by making it soft and shiny. Regular use of flaxseed oil on the hair helps retain the moisture in the scalp and prevents dandruff.
- Another benefit of flaxseed oil for women and men is that it reduces the severity of arthritis and other joint disorders. It also helps strengthen the joints and the muscle tissues to prevent them from early wear and tear. For women, it also helps relieve the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome (PMS) and fights hot flashes and irritability as seen in menopausal women.
- Using judicious amounts of flaxseed oil is known to prevent the occurrence of cancer. This supplement curbs the growth of abnormal cells and also acts as a barrier to stop their metastasis to other healthy organs. It also has high concentrations of antioxidants, which help in fighting against the free radicals in the body and keep a number of infections and diseases from affecting the health.
- Other flaxseed oil health benefits include replenishing the immune system, reducing the risk of obesity, aiding in weight loss, etc.