Treatment Options for Fast Relief
- One of the most common treatment is done by using hydrogen peroxide. You can take hydrogen peroxide and put a few drops of it in your ear using a dropper. Lie in a way that the ear is upwards. Wait for a few minutes till you feel a frizzle. Now, sit upright and holding the napkin below your ear, lean over. The wax will drain along with the hydrogen peroxide.
- Another remedy is using hydrogen peroxide and boiled water. Let the boiled water cool until it is lukewarm. Take equal amount of this water and hydrogen peroxide and put it in the ear. Leave it for about 15-20 minutes. You might experience a tingling sensation, due to the solution but do not scratch the ear. Further, sit upright and hold a napkin while the wax drains along with this solution giving relief.
- Next treatment is using white vinegar, mineral oil and hydrogen peroxide as an effective ear drop. This will help soften the earwax which you can drain after 20 minutes.
- Chewing gum is known to be an effective treatment. This is especially recommended if the cause is air pressure changes while traveling in an airplane. Chewing gum will help in ear pressure relief. You can always have them during the journey to avoid this problem. Yawing several times is another option for clogging caused due air pressure.
- Lie down by keeping the ear upwards. Put a few drops of warm olive oil in the affected ear and leave it for 10-15 minutes. This will help soften the earwax. You can also use a few drops of glycerin.