Health Benefits of Date Fruit
- Dates promote eye health and they help prevent night blindness problems. They also take care of your heart. Dates should be consumed regularly as they help in keeping the heart in a good condition. This is one of the most important health benefits of dates.
- Weight gain is one of the important health benefits. Sugars, fats, protein and vitamins present in dates help gain weight when dates are regularly consumed. Excessively thin people are advised to eat date and cucumber paste regularly. 100 grams of dates contain about 300 calories.
- One of the significant date fruit health benefits is that dates are loaded with fiber and the carbohydrates from dates keep you satiated for a longer period of time. They help avoid overeating.
- Potassium from fully ripe dates helps control diarrhea. Dates work great for alcoholic intoxication. Dates are believed to cure abdominal cancer but more studies are required to prove this belief. Dates are also believed to help increase sexual stamina owing to the aphrodisiac properties they possess.
- It is believed that regular consumption of dates during the third trimester of pregnancy ensures easy dilation of uterus at the time of delivery and it also helps reduce bleeding after childbirth. Lactating mothers are also advised to consume dates as they serve as natural energy boosters. Consumption of dates by mothers makes the babies strong and healthier.
- Dates contain less sodium, fat and cholesterol and so are included in the list of healthy foods. Iron in dates enhances the process of formation of red blood cells. Increased amount of red blood cells ensures increased supply of oxygen to cells. Healthy cells contribute towards increased energy and improved overall health.
- Dates improve your digestive health. Dates act as natural mild laxative and hence help relieve the problem of constipation. Soak dates in water overnight and take the date syrup in the morning. This is the best natural remedy for constipation. Regular intake of dates inhibits the growth of pathogenic bacteria and stimulates the growth of friendly bacteria in stomach. The nicotinic content in dates works great for intestinal disorders.
- Consumption of dates quickly fills your body with lots of energy. Dates are rich in a number of vitamins and minerals; for example, vitamins A, K, B6, niacin and folate and minerals like calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, potassium, zinc, copper, manganese, etc. Dates help stabilize high blood pressure and they make your bones healthy and strong. Dates are rich in antioxidants and so help strengthen your immune system.