Weight Loss Diets for Women
The deal with weight loss is that no matter how hard you try, it'll show zilch results if you do not do it right. And while there was a general belief that only exercise will yield results, it is now proven that a healthy diet and exercise go hand in hand to show positive results. In the remainder of this article we shall be focusing on what some of the correct diets for women are and what they should include.
Fruits and Vegetables
This one goes without sayings. We've been studying about this over and over again and it all makes sense. Fruits and vegetables do not tax the digestive health or the intestines and keep us healthy. Make sure that you include a varied range of colors when it comes to choosing your vegetables and fruits. This is done because each shade of the vegetable and fruits have a different form of antioxidants packed in them and each of these antioxidants provides for a different nutrient. It therefore helps to keep the immune system strong as well. The fiber that is present in them has a diuretic effect on the system and helps to draw in water.
Complex carbs are essential for our growth and health, but more than that they are a more healthy choice for us to make. Complex carbs include foods like whole grain rice and wheat, beans, legumes and millet, rye and fruits and vegetables. These foods are very high in iron and fiber content and therefore they keep you fuller for longer and provide for energy over a longer period. These are also some of the best diets that work fast for women.
These are as important as the other food types. Look at it this way, nuts and seeds are the continuing progeny of the plant - in the sense that the nut or seed would have gone on to become a plant if it was planted, it is therefore clear that the seed has all the concentrated goodness of the plant. Therefore consuming the nuts and seeds will provide for the basic nutrients and minerals. Nuts and seeds would include almonds, berries, pistachios, raisins and other nuts as well.
Not all fats are bad. In fact it is very unhealthy to completely eliminate them from your diet. You should know what some of the healthy or good fats are - these include oils like olive and canola oil, avocados, nuts, fish and other seafood as well.
Here are a few other food products that also need to be included in the diet:
- Lean meats (Fish, chicken, beef and poultry)
- Dairy products are some of the best protein diets for women (Milk, cheeses, yogurt, buttermilk)
- Calcium (Cabbage, garlic, tofu, grains, oatmeal)
- Magnesium (Cucumber, green beans, broccoli etc)
There are certain foods that you should be excluding from your diet. Here are some of them:
- Caffeine and other stimulants
- Processed foods
- Red meats
- Greasy and spicy foods
Okay, so the diet is all planned out, but how to make it work in the best possible way for you? Here are a few tricks that you should use:
- Eat six small meals instead of 3 large ones.
- Let 2 hours pass between your dinner and bedtime.
- Do not have a heavy meal after 7 pm.
- Snack on healthy snacks like cheese cube, tender coconut water and legumes instead of other processed foods like patties and the like.
- Eat slowly, chewing carefully so that you don't overeat.
- Keep a healthy tip in mind - you should feel just the same after a meal as before it. You should never feel full and bloated.