Causes of Earache
There are many causes of earache. In most cases, earache occurs during nighttime. It is also common in the winter season, due to cold weather. Another reason for earache is bacterial infection. Excess of fluid or earwax in the ear can also cause earache. In some cases, sinus infection can cause earache. If the Eustachian tube which connects the ear and the nose is blocked and if the moisture cannot pass through the nose and throat, then the pressure in the ear is increased, thus giving rise to earache. This is the most common reason for earache. Being subjected to loud sounds constantly can also be a reason for earache. If excess pressure is applied on the ear, that too can cause an earache problem. An insect entering the ear can be a reason for earache.
Earache Home Remedy
- One of the most helpful and effective remedies for earache is zinc.
- Prepare a paste by mixing warm clarified butter or ghee with licorice. Apply this paste to the external part of the ear. This is sure to give you some relief from earache.
- If the earache is due to wax, then in order to loosen the wax, you can use mineral oil. Put some mineral oil in the ear and after some time, wash the ear with warm water. You can also use the ear syringe for washing the ear. You can also use hydrogen peroxide for earwax removal.
- Make an onion paste and apply it to the external part of the ear. This will be helpful reducing your earache.
- If the earache is due to change of altitude when you travel in a plane, then chewing gum or a yawn might help you to some extent.
- If earache is due to excess fluid, then gently shake your head. Doing this will expel the extra liquid present in your ears. In order for the water to evaporate, you can put 2 drops of rubbing alcohol in the ear.
- In order to reduce the pain, place a warm cloth or a heating pad on the ear as heat reduces the pain.
- Another effective remedy is to put a few drops of 3% hydrogen peroxide in the ear which is aching. Allow the 3% hydrogen peroxide to be in the ear for at least 10 minutes, after which you can wash it off.
- This simple earache home remedy will require onion juice. Boil onion juice and put 2-3 drops in the ear.
- In order to reduce the pain, you can put mustard oil daily in your ears, till the pain is relieved.
- Another remedy is to extract juice from tender mango leaves and boil it. Then, put 4 drops of this boiled liquid in your ears.
- Add half clove of garlic oil to sesame oil and warm the oil. Put 4-5 drops of the oil in the ear and allow it to be for 10-15 minutes. This will relieve the earache instantly.
- Warm olive oil is also a good earache treatment at home. Olive oil also reduces the irritation in the ear.