Home Remedies for Yeast Infection Using Garlic
As I have mentioned, garlic cloves are known to be one effective, natural treatment option to manage the symptoms of yeast infection. This is because of the antifungal property of this herb of southern Europe. It has undergone many clinical trials, and found to have appreciable response against many types of fungi; albicans being one of them.
So how to go about using this natural remedy? There are two ways of benefiting from it; orally and topically. Doctors recommend to eat one or two fresh cloves of garlic everyday. Some people may find the taste of raw garlic horrid. So for them, garlic capsules are also available. Alternatively, you can also mince the garlic (remove the skin ), and take it with a glass of water.
Even external use of this bulbous herb benefits in slowing down the infection, and its symptoms. For vaginal yeast infection, placing one freshly cut clove of the herb into the vagina, helps in reducing the yeast from colonizing further. So what can be done is, get a clove and peel off the skin. Cut it in half, and sew a thread through it, so that you can retrieve it with ease. Place a fresh half in the vagina, and leave it overnight. And the next morning, simply take it out and dispose it. Another method which can be put to use is to wrap a freshly cut garlic in gauze, and placing it in the vagina for up to 12 hours. There might be a little discomfort while inserting it, because of the friction. For this, the gauze can be applied with lubrication.
Another method is to make a paste of garlic cloves in a food processor, and adding in some water. Simply apply the paste to the infected area of the body. This is helpful for treating both female and male yeast infection. Know that, you may have to repeat these topical methods for more than once, until you get to notice some improvements in the symptoms.
Yeast Infection Symptoms
- The skin around the vagina becomes red
- The vulva swells, and becomes itchy and irritated
- Burning sensation during urination or sexual intercourse
- Vaginal discharge that may be viscous, white, but with no odor. It would have a more like cottage cheese appearance
- The head of the penis develops skin rashes red in color, and becomes inflamed
- Burning sensation while urinating and sexual intercourse
- Formation of white lesions at various places in the mouth
- The corner of the mouth may crack
- The patient might complain against a cottony feeling in his mouth, which might be accompanied by a loss of taste
- The lesions may pain