Hemorrhoids Symptoms and Causes
The common hemorrhoid symptoms are as follows:
- The affected person may notice a small amount of blood during bowel movement. The bleeding may be painful for some, while not for others.
- The anal region may itch and cause great irritation.
- The person can also feel a lump forming near the anal region, which may be sensitive and painful to touch.
- Anal swelling is common, and so is leakage of feces.
- The rectal area may be painful while cleaning it.
- Digestive disorders such as constipation, that causes excessive straining during bowel movement.
- Pregnancy (it causes increased pressure on the veins inside and outside the anal canal.)
- Sexual activity such as anal intercourse is also a major cause.
Here we would know what all can be done for natural hemorrhoid treatment. As mentioned, in some cases, simply taking self-care measures at home are good enough to deal with the condition.
- Soaking in a sitz bath provides a great deal of help in relieving the symptoms. Soak yourself for 10 - 15 minutes, for 2 - 3 minutes a day.
- Daily bathing is one of the very important steps to be known about healing hemorrhoids naturally. Lukewarm water must be used to clean the anal area clean. It is preferable not to use any soap, as it may aggravate the condition. Also, do not forget to dry the area properly. You can use a hair dryer for the purpose.
- Never use a dry toilet paper, as it may irritate the swollen veins even further, thus worsening the problem. So better it is to go for moist towelettes, or simply soak the paper in water before using it.
- Another easy tip for healing hemorrhoids naturally is to apply ice packs or cold compresses on the anal area.
- Warm milk mixed with mashed bananas, helps to cure hemorrhoids internally.
- Another effective way on how to get rid of hemorrhoids naturally is taking a 20 - 30 minutes walk daily. This would improve the bowel movement thus, reducing any strain on the anal veins.
- One of the most popular herbal remedies for healing hemorrhoids naturally is chamomile ointment. This herb has an anti-inflammatory property, hence is helpful in reducing redness, itching and soothing irritated tissue. Simply apply the product directly to the swollen veins as when required to relieve the discomfort. Alternatively, you can also apply chamomile tea to the hemorrhoids. Pour hot water over chamomile tea bags, allow them to steep for 5 - 10 minutes. Place the cup in the refrigerator and cool it down before applying.
My conclusion note to this article would be a disclaimer to the data provided above for home remedies for healing hemorrhoids naturally. Although these remedies have been reported to be safe and work well with most people, they do not in any way, replace a physician's advice or that of your health care provider. So before going for any of these remedies, it would be wise on your part to exchange a few words with your doctor. There's no harm to be on the safer side!