Homemade Sugar-free Candy Recipes
# Chocolate Candy
If you are conscious of what you eat and also what your kids eat, then this is a recipe, that you will certainly want to try out. The kids will be happy, as they get to savor a candy and you will be happy knowing that the kids will have something healthy as opposed to having the unhealthy store bought candies. The best part about this recipe is that it will not take very long to make the candies.
- 1 can evaporated skim milk (1 can of 13 oz)
- 2 ½ cups unsweetened mix cereal crumbs
- 4 tbsp cocoa
- ¼ cups chopped nuts (always have a mix of nuts)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp cup butter
- 1 tbsp sugar substitute
- Mix milk and cocoa together and add it to a saucepan. Let the mixture cook on low flame till cocoa completely dissolves in milk.
- Once cocoa dissolves, add vanilla extract, sugar substitute and bring the mixture to a boil.
- After the mixture comes to a boil, reduce the heat and let it cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- After which add cereal crumbs to the mixture and let it cook for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and divide the mixture into two parts.
- When the mixture cools down a little, roll each of the part into a tube and coat each of the tubes in the nuts.
- Cover them with wax paper and place it in the refrigerator to chill overnight.
- After which, cut the tubes into slices and the healthy candies are ready to be savored.
This is one of my favorite sugar-free candy recipes. With this recipe, you can make delicious melt-in-your mouth candies. I often make these candies as festive season treats as well.
- 1 pack flavored sugar-free gelatin
- 6 packs unflavored gelatin
- ½ tsp fruit extract
- ½ cup unsweetened orange juice
- ½ cup chopped nuts
- ½ tbsp orange zest
- In a saucepan, mix flavored gelatin and unflavored gelatin together.
- Add juice to the gelatin mix and let the mixture over low heat, as you continue to stir the mixture.
- When gelatin dissolves, remove the saucepan from heat and add fruit extract, chopped nuts and orange zest to the mixture and mix well.
- Spread gelatin mix on a wax paper and place it in the refrigerator.
- Once gelatin is firm, remove from the refrigerator and cut the candy in size and shape of your choice.