How to Cook Turkey Drumsticks
Recipe # 1 - Smoked Drumsticks
Smoked turkey drumsticks can be one of the Thanksgiving recipes. Like I have previously said, it can be a picnic food item as well.
- 6 turkey drumsticks
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp liquid smoke
- 1 cup curing salt
- 2 quarts water
- In a large bowl, mix liquid smoke, water, brown sugar and curing salt together.
- Add cleaned turkey drumsticks to the mixture.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days, so that it marinates well.
- Before you want to bake, remove it from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 350º F before you can place the drumsticks in the oven.
- Remove the drumsticks from the marinade and remove any excess marinade.
- Place the drumsticks in a baking pan.
- Let the drumsticks bake for 45 minutes, till they are done.
- Then increase the temperature to 500º F and let it roast the drumsticks, till they are deep brown in color. Do remember to turn them, so that they have an even brown color.
- After they are done, let them cool on the baking sheet for 10 to 15 minutes, before you serve them.
Cooking turkey legs in the oven is a great option. You will not have to spend a lot of time working on the cooking at all. Now let's read cooking turkey in convection oven.
- 4 to 5 turkey drumsticks
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup dry red wine
- cup olive oil
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 dry bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon dry thyme
- ½ teaspoon dry rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- To make this baked drumstick recipe, in a large mixing bowl, mix all-purpose flour with salt, pepper and dry oregano.
- Rub the all-purpose flour mixture on the drumsticks and keep the remaining mixture aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add one drumstick in the frying pan and fry it, till it is brown in color.
- When you are frying the sticks, make sure you continue to turn them, so that all the sides are well cooked.
- Once the sticks are done, put them in a baking pan.
- To the remaining oil in the frying pan, add finely chopped onions and garlic and cook, till onion is translucent.
- Then add broth and wine along with bay leaf, rosemary and thyme.
- Pour the broth mixture on the drumsticks in the pan.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and let the drumsticks bake for approximately 2 to 2 ½ hours at 350º F.
- Once the sticks are done, transfer them to the serving tray and use the drippings as a sauce.
If you are fond of barbecue, then you may want to know how to cook turkey legs or drumsticks on the grill. You do not have to go too far off. Here is the recipe, which you may want to use for this Thanksgiving.
- 4 turkey drumsticks
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 ½ tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- In a sauce pan, heat oil. Then add minced garlic and chopped onion to it.
- When the onion is translucent, add ketchup, cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, salt and pepper and let it simmer on low heat for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Roll the drumsticks in the sauce and place them on grill, that is sprayed with some oil.
- Grill the drumsticks, till they are brown in color, but do not forget to base them at regular intervals.
- When the drumsticks are tender, remove them and serve them with the sauce.