Ways to Fight a Cold Naturally
It is a fact that no medicine can cure head cold (common cold); but home remedies for head cold can significantly reduce the discomfort caused by cold.
- Gargle regularly with warm salty water or sage tea. Gargling at regular intervals keeps the mouth infection-free and helps relieve sore throat.
- Drinking hot water and hot liquids works great for nasal congestion. You should increase your liquid intake to prevent dehydration. Inflammation of membranes of nose and throat can be lowered by drinking hot liquids.
- Add 1 teaspoon honey to 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder and take this mixture 2-3 times a day. Continue taking this mixture for the whole week, then only, you will be able to notice the change.
- The easiest and the best way to fight a cold is to blow your nose regularly! Clearing off the nasal and sinus passages is necessary if you want to get rid of head cold symptoms fast. This is the best way to stop a runny nose. It also helps reduce the severity of other head cold symptoms.
- Herbal medicines like Echinacea tablets help lower the symptoms of common cold. If you have fever due to an attack of cold and flu, you should immediately consult your family physician and take prescribed medicines.
- Garlic has antibiotic properties. You should use garlic generously while preparing soups, vegetables or chicken, if you are experiencing head cold symptoms. You may add a few drops of garlic oil to onion juice and dilute the mixture by adding water. Drink the liquid several times throughout the day. This is one of the sure-shot head cold remedies.
- As you are thinking about how to fight a cold fast, I would like to inform you that herbal teas work great for common cold. Ginger tea, peppermint tea, lemon grass tea, black tea prepared by adding ginger and black pepper, help relieve common cold symptoms fast.
- Take a thin and clean piece of cloth and make a small pouch of black cumin. Sniff it for sometime at regular intervals. Or put a few drops of eucalyptus oil on a napkin and sniff the perfume. You will definitely feel better.
- You may inhale the steam of plain boiling water. This is one of the best natural head cold remedies. Those who are worried about how to get over a cold, would be happy to know that drawing in the aromatic fumes of sage tea or roasted spraguea deeply, helps open the blocked nasal passages quickly.
- Include lady's finger in your meals. It is better to boil some pieces of the vegetable in water and drink the strained water at regular intervals. The high amount of mucilage present in lady's finger helps soothe the throat.
- A warm bath replenishes the lost energy. Similarly, a hot glass of milk with half tea spoon turmeric powder helps get rid of body ache and sore throat. Including vitamin C rich foods in your regular diet helps prevent common cold.