Find a Friend or Acquaintance on Facebook
Facebook, the second most popular site in the U.S., is a place where nobody can hide. Obviously this social networking site was created so that you can stay in touch with friends, family, and hopefully make some strangers into friends too. However, there may be times when someone might need to be private or keep their Facebook profile a private place. Well, as it turns out, even that can't be possible. No matter how much someone tries to escape or hide, Facebook has a way to find them. (Although that's not the picture I wish to present here. Let's just say that you are trying to search for a long-lost friend and Facebook is a convenient means).
Find Someone by Phone Number
- There are times when a friend is using the iPhone application version so that he/she can access Facebook. If so, then you are in luck.
- If you have a Facebook account, then log in.
- In the search box provided on top of your profile page, type the phone number of your friend.
- If your friend has an account on the site and has listed his/her private phone number in the information section, then the friend's name should pop up.
- By any chance, this doesn't happen, you can also type the phone number in Google search and get lucky there.
- Since Facebook keeps coming up with latest updates, similar to Google Instant (where you type a word and the results will be shown as you type), even people with similar names can be viewed.
- So if you need to search for your friend by his/her first name (perhaps your friend got married and/or changed the last name), you can locate them easily.
- To do so, you need to type the name in the top Facebook search box and wait to see what names are showing.
- This doesn't even take a second to happen. If your friend has his/her own picture, you can click on the name and proceed with your search.
- If that doesn't work, you can also type your friend's first name in Google search engine this way - Sheetal, Facebook.
- This way, if your friend has a profile on the site, it will show in the results.
- In order to locate your friend on Facebook without the added hassle of signing up, you can find them.
- What you need to do is type your friend's name in Google like this - Sheetal Mandora, Facebook.
- Once you hit enter, if your friend has a profile on the site, it will show in the results.
- When you click on that link, Facebook will ask you to register in order to contact your friend.
- There is an option of "Find Friends" on Facebook. First you will get your friend's email address from your contact's list.
- Sign into your Facebook account, copy this address, and paste it in the search box.
- Hit enter and wait for the results to come. Facebook will search in their database if this email address matches with someone.
- On your left side of the screen, you will search for your friend in the "People" section. If your friend has listed the email address in their contact information, then the name will pop up.
- If this doesn't work, then you can type in their name and send them a friend's request.