Treating Forehead Acne
If your problem is of a mild nature, then you can go for certain home remedies, which might prove effective in acne control. However, you might require the aid of a dermatologist, in case the problem is a severe one. So, the content below would list down a few recipes which you can prepare at your home, and use it on your acne.
This first recipe consists of nettle leaves. It is an important herbal recipe that helps manage forehead acne. Get some fresh nettle leaves and keep them in boiling water for about 5 minutes. Now strain the mixture and let it cool down. Drink it as a tea. If you find the taste horrid, then you may add honey or lemon to it. The recipe works on acne due to its anti-inflammatory property.
Here, you would require fresh lemon juice and rose water. Mix these two ingredients in equal proportions and stir well. Now use a cotton ball and apply the potion to the entire forehead. It is preferable if you use more than one cotton ball with every rub. Use cool water to rinse after 15 - 30 minutes. The reason that this remedy is helpful in getting rid of forehead acne, because lemon juice works as natural astringent and mild antibacterial agent. The rose water tones the skin, while helping to reduce the acidity of the lemon juice.
The third recipe involves the use of one of the most popular natural skin treatment, aloe vera. The juice of this plant is not only anti-inflammatory, but also soothing for the skin. And the reason it is good for acne is its antibiotic property, that fights off pathogens and cleanses the skin.
Some More Methods
Here are some quick homemade acne remedies, you may benefit from.
- Rub freshly cut garlic slices on the affected area of the forehead.
- Boil a cup of milk and add in some fresh lime juice. This makes for a natural facial wash.
- Make a paste out of peppermint leaves and rub it on the pimples. Let the paste work on your skin for 5 - 10 minutes. Rinse off with water at room temperature.
- The next time you cook oatmeal, leave some to deal with your forehead acne. Add some honey to it, and apply it to the acne-hit areas. Wait for about 20 minutes, but not more than that, before you wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Baking soda can be an inexpensive and effective, natural acne remedy. Simply mix it with water and use it as a facial mask. It not only improves the appearance of the acne, it improves the skin tone too.