How to Make Chicken Gravy
This is a simple recipe to make chicken gravy. Not too many ingredients and the process to make it is not difficult and time-consuming.
- All-Purpose Flour ½ cup
- Roasted Chicken 3 pounds
- Chicken Drippings
- Water 1 cup
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- To the chicken drippings, add water to make it 1 ½ cup liquid.
- Pour this mixture at the bottom of the roaster.
- Whisk water into the flour to make a thick paste.
- Add the flour mixture to the roaster and set the stove to medium heat.
- Make sure you keep stirring, till the mixture is thickened and is bubbly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and you can savor the chicken gravy.
Curry powder is actually a mix of a number of spices, which have a wide composition depending on the area you are in, in South Asia. The curry powder, which is found in the western world has by far, a standardized taste, However there is a great variety of spice mixtures, that are used in the South Asian cuisine. This is a basic chicken curry recipe.
- Chicken Breasts 6
- Potatoes 5
- Curry Powder 4 tablespoons
- Onion 1
- Garlic Cloves 4
- Oil 4 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Cut the onion finely and make garlic paste.
- In a large saucepan fry the onion, garlic and curry powder in 2 tablespoons oil, till the onion becomes translucent.
- Remove the onion from the pan.
- In the same pan, add about 1 tablespoon of oil and fry chicken pieces, till they are cooked.
- Till the chicken pieces are cooking, peel and cut the potatoes into cubes.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add onion and potatoes to the pan, stir well.
- Add water till all the contents are covered.
- Let the gravy simmer, It should take about 45 minutes. Serve the gravy with rice.
Coconut milk chicken curry is a different variation of the chicken curry. In India it is often made around the coastal areas, where fresh coconut is found in abundance.
- Chicken Breast (skinned and boned) ½
- Garlic Cloves (crushed) 3
- Ginger Paste ¼ teaspoon
- Chicken Broth 1 cup
- Onion (finely chopped) 1
- Olive Oil 1 teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds Powder ½ teaspoon
- Coriander Seeds Powder 1 teaspoon
- Garam Masala ¼ teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder ½ teaspoon
- Green Chili (finely chopped) 1
- Coconut Milk 2 tablespoons
- Cilantro Leaves (finely chopped) 1 tablespoon
- Water 1 cup
- Cut the chicken breast to pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan, add chicken pieces to it and sauté the chicken pieces, till they turn golden brown on all sides.
- Remove the pieces from the pan and add onion, ginger, garlic to the onion and sauté till golden brown in color.
- Then add all the powders and sauté for a minute.
- Now add chicken broth and water and let it boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the chicken pieces, cover the pan and let the chicken cook for about 30 minutes till the chicken pieces are well cooked.
- At last add coconut milk, bring it to a boil and serve the curry with rice.
Chicken curry is eaten all over India. The recipes differ according to the area. Here is one of the easiest and simplest methods of making chicken curry Indian style.
- Chicken 2 pounds
- Plain Yogurt 4 tablespoons
- Turmeric Powder 1 teaspoon
- Onion (finely cut) 1
- Ginger Powder 1 teaspoon
- Garlic Powder 1 teaspoon
- Chili Powder 2 teaspoons
- Coriander Powder 2 teaspoons
- Oil 2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Make a marinate with yogurt and salt. Cut the chicken into pieces and add the marinate to it. Keep the chicken aside for about an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan and add onion to it. Sauté the onion till they become translucent. Add turmeric and chili powder and stir well.
- Mix ginger and garlic powder with water and add it to the onions and stir well.
- Now add coriander powder mixed with 4 tablespoons of water and stir till you see the oil separate.
- Add the chicken pieces along with the marinate and add water till all the chicken is covered.
- Cover the pan and let the chicken cook till it is done.