- Ratio 2:1:1, which is 50% tequila, 25% triple sec and 25% lemon juice.
- Ratio 3:2:1, which is 50% tequila, 33% triple sec and 17% lemon juice.
- Ratio 3:1:1, which is 60% tequila, 20% triple sec and 20% lemon juice.
- Ratio 6:3:1, which is 60% tequila, 30% triple sec and 10% lemon juice.
- Ratio 1:1:1, which is 33% tequila, 33% triple sec and 33% lemon juice.
How to Mix a Margarita
There are different ways to mix a margarita. We will see one of the commonly used method to make margarita mix recipe.
- Tequila 2 oz
- Fresh lime juice ¾ oz
- Triple sec 1 oz
- Coarse salt
- Lime ½
- Lime wedges
- Chill the margarita glasses.
- Rub half a lime around the rim of the chilled glasses.
- Then dip the glasses into a plate of coarse salt.
- In a cocktail shaker, pour tequila, lime juice, triple sec and ice.
- Shake the mixture three times and pour it into the glasses.
- Garnish the margarita with lime wedges before serving the margarita.
The recipe is similar to the traditional version of making margarita. The difference is made by the addition of brandy based orange liqueur added to the recipe.
- Sweet and sour mix 2 cups
- Triple sec 1 cup
- Gold tequila 1 ½ cups
- Brandy based orange liqueur ⅓ cup
- Limes, quartered 2
- The rim about 8 glasses with salt, for which pour salt onto a small plate. Rub the rims of the glasses with lime before you press them into the salt on the plate.
- Pour ice into the glasses.
- In a blender, combine sweet and sour mix with triple sec, tequila and orange liqueur.
- Continue to mix until they are evenly mixed.
- Pour the margarita mix into glasses and squeeze lime into each glass, before serving it.
This is one of the simple frozen margarita recipe. There are a number of people who do not like to have their margarita on the rocks.
- Coarse salt 2 teaspoons
- Lime juice 2 oz
- Lime wedge 1
- Triple sec 1 oz
- White tequila 3 oz
- Crushed ice 1 cup
- Press a lime wedge along the rim of the margarita glass, invert the glass and dip it in salt placed in a plate.
- Chill the glass for 10 to 15 minutes.
- In a blender, combine tequila, lime juice, triple sec and crushed ice and whirl at high-speed.
- Immediately pour the frozen margarita mix into the glasses, garnish with a lime wedge and serve immediately.