The hepatic artery carries blood that is rich in oxygen, from the aorta, and the portal vein carries blood holding one's digested food, from the small intestine. The hepatic cells of the liver, are what makes up its metabolic cell structure, and is important in regulating the liver's function.
Types of Hepatitis
There are five kinds of hepatitis, each of which are distinct in terms of signs, and attributes when it comes to liver disease.
- Hepatitis A: Eating foreign foods that aren't fresh or clean, can lead one into getting this type of hepatitis. Even sexual acts like anal / oral sex, can lead to this.
- Hepatitis B: This is a sexually transmitted disease, and can be passed on through human contact, like through the blood, saliva (bites) or semen. It can also pass on through the use of needles that aren't sterile / disinfected.
- Hepatitis C: Hepatitis C is also like Hep B, but in this case, it can lead to a chronic infection, called liver cirrhosis, which is a much complicated form of this disease.
- Hepatitis D: It is an advanced form of hepatitis B, and is transferred in the same way as that particular type, although one can only get this if he / she already has Hep B.
- Hepatitis E: This can be sexually transmitted, although most cases are transmitted through drinking water, that's been infected by the virus.
The reasons why this crops up will be discussed here in detail. It is important to maintain a hygienic and monogamous lifestyle in order to restrict the virus from entering your system. These causes fall under both acute and chronic hepatitis.
- Bacterial infections
- Fungal toxins
- Reactions to drugs
- Reactions to medicines like anesthetic
- Glandular fever
- Autoimmune hepatitis
- Alcohol toxins
- Paracetamol poisoning
- Amoebic infections
We now look into the various ways in which one can experience the after effects of the virus's invasion within one's system.
- Appetite loss
- Vomiting and nausea
- Aches and pains in the joints / muscles
- Enlarged spleen
- Weight loss
- Urine is dark in color
- Abdominal pain
- Feeling drowsy
- Skin is yellowish in color
- Frequent headaches
- Skin is itchy
- Pain around the liver area
- Feces are dark in color
- Skin rashes
- Feeling lethargic
- Feces contain pus
- Feeling disoriented
- Frequent urination has dropped
- Feeling irritable
- Mental disturbances on and off
- Difficulty concentrating
- Abdomen starts to swell
- Feeling weak
- Fluid retention
- Rectal bleeding
- Blood present in vomit
- Bleeding from nose
- Feeling sleepy all the time
For liver inflammation treatment, there are certain methods of treating this problem when detected earlier. When it comes to liver inflammation from medications, people can suffer from an adverse effect on the liver by taking over the counter medicines, certain herbal medicines / supplements or prescription drugs. Always find out about the side effects of these medications before having them. Here are one's options for treatment.
Recovering from this type of hepatitis is less troublesome, where doctors advise patients to stay clear from drugs and alcohol, in order to get the liver to function right again.
Interferon is what doctors prescribe to patients suffering from this; it is an antiviral agent that will help metabolize the liver and get it up and running in its normal way. This is only given to patients if dietary changes aren't successful. Diets include protein-carbohydrate rich foods, in order to repair damaged liver cells.
Here doctors prescribe two medications - Ribavirin and PEGylated interferon. There hasn't been any significant treatment method to help those suffering from hepatitis D and E. In non viral hepatitis patients, hyperventilation methods or ways one can be made to throw up, is done to remove harmful substances present in the system. Corticosteroids are also prescribed.
The liver inflammation symptoms can be identified if one clearly notices the changes his / her body is going through. The best way to avoid these diseases related to hepatitis, is to make sure your partner is clean and tested for any kind of disease, that you stay away from food joints that aren't hygienic, and that water ingested is clean and purified. Have a healthy tomorrow.