Natural Cures for Acid Reflux
Natural acid reflux remedies will help balance the levels of acid in your stomach and reduce the intensity of the condition. These remedies also help in relieving indigestion and other problems related to digestion. Here are a few natural cures for this disorder which are very effective in treating this annoying condition.
- One of the most popular remedial measures is apple cider vinegar. Dilute 2½ teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in 10 ounces of water and drink it at regular intervals to fight against the dsease.
- Cold milk is also one of the excellent remedy. Drink a glass of cold milk before going to bed to soothe the gastrointestinal tract. This home remedy can also be given to babies and older children.
- Baking soda is another remedy for acidity relief since baking soda neutralizes the acids. Drinking a glass of water mixed with ½ teaspoon of baking soda twice a day will provide relief from this problem.
- Aloe vera juice has a soothing effect on the stomach and is also one of the natural remedies. This cool juice prevents the symptoms of heartburn and if the individual id already suffering from this condition, then it provides quick relief.
- There are also a few foods good for acid reflux like papaya, bananas, grapefruit, potatoes and green leafy vegetables. Include these fruits and vegetables in your daily diet to prevent and control the symptoms.
- Dry fruits like almonds have also proved to be effective remedies for acidity. Chewing almonds before or after having a meal reduce the alkalinity of the food and hence curb acid reflux. This can be a helpful remedy for pregnant women.
- A recent research has found out that probiotics, a type of bacteria found in the digestive tract of humans, is of great assistance wen it comes to treating symptoms. You can include probiotic bacteria rich foods like buttermilk and yogurt to trigger the production of enzymes responsible for digestion.
- Ginger tea and other ginger root extracts fight against acidity and promote healthy digestion. A cup of ginger tea either in the morning or evening will be beneficial for the overall health of the digestive system as well.
- Drinking a cup of fennel or chamomile tea will ease the gastrointestinal tract and reduce the production of acid in the stomach. It also aids in proper digestion of food. A few other natural remedies include fenugreek seeds, slippery elm, herbal licorice etc.