How to Grow a Peace Lily
- Start with having the appropriate size of pot in which you want the flowers to grow. Place the plant in the pot. If the plant starts to grow, you can always shift to a larger pot which takes minimum time. This is called repotting.
- Peace lilies thrive in almost any soil. It is advised to use a good soil and some peat moss mix. Add some sand in the soil as it helps to drain the water.
- Now water the plant thoroughly and check the moisture of the soil by placing your finger in the pot.
- If the soil is dry, then add little water.
- Place the lily near a window which allows sunlight 3 to 4 hours a day.
Peace lilies require minimum care. Just follow these simple steps to have vibrant lilies enhancing the beauty of your house. Here are some peace lily care instructions:
- Keep the lily away from direct sunlight. Direct sunlight affects the leaves and flowers of the plant causing it to dry. The best place is to keep it near a window which receives indirect sunlight.
- Always watch for drooping leaves; leaves will droop if the lily is not receiving enough humidity. Provide the plant with moisture by watering it thoroughly.
- Peace lily doesn't require frequent fertilizing. Fertilize it 2 to 3 times a year using indoor plant food or 20-20-20 fertilizers. Never use fertilizers in excess when the soil is dry. Remember, water plays an important part in the growth of the peace lily.
- If you nurture it with care, the peace lily will give many years of beautiful flowery memories.
Japanese Peace Lily Care Instructions
Japanese peace lilies are a distinctive relative of peace lilies. Let's have a look at how to take care of these cousins of peace lily
- They also require minimum sunlight; filtering the sunlight with a transparent curtain is advisable.
- Watch out for the darkening of leaves which means there is not enough moisture in the soil. Water the plant 2-3 times a day.
- Watch out for red spider mites on the leaves of the plant. Detach the leaves on which they are growing and treat the plant with mild pesticides.
- Use a mild fertilizer for its nurturing and growth.
- A little care and nurture for this plant and you will reap the benefits for years to come.
Peace lilies are one of the best housewarming gifts. They are adaptable plants and can grow anywhere and adjust to varied climatic conditions. They can be planted indoors in a flower pot or outdoors in a garden bed. They require low maintenance. They can very well grow indoors in fluorescent light making them popular in homes and offices. So go and buy one today to give your home an added attraction.