Apps for iPhone 4
Starting with Apple iPhone, the use of Cydia on this Apple device can be traced back to iPhone OS 1.1.x. The fact that it catered to all the drawbacks of the first iPhone (and eventually its successors) made it immensely popular among masses. When Apple launched iPhone 4, it did make it a point to eliminate these drawbacks which made experts predict the end of Cydia regime. That didn't quite happen as people thought though, and Cydia continues to fill in for all the loopholes of the fourth generation iPhone as well. Given below is a list of 10 cool apps for iPhone 4 which you should download to make your iPhone more efficient than it is.
- WinterBoard: Helps you customize your iPhone.
- IntelliScreen: Helps you customize your iPhone screen.
- My3G: Facilitates FaceTime and VoIP calling.
- Infinifolder: Helps you store unrestricted number of applications in a single folder.
- MyWi 4.0: Turns your iPhone into a router.
- BTstack Keyboard: Connects your iPhone to a Bluetooth enabled keyboard.
- Xpandr: Helps you create shortcuts for apps to facilitate easy access.
- Cycorder: Facilitates high-definition video recording.
- iSmart Dialer: Helps you access your contacts using numeric key.
- MyWi: Enables Wi-Fi tethering.
Owing to the striking similarity in their screen size and operating system, Cydia apps for iPhone and iPod touch work fine when used on both the devices. However, not all the apps that are mentioned in the best iPhone appl list will feature in the list of best apps for iPod touch (which is more of a music device.) Given below is a list of the top 10 Cydia apps for iPod touch that you need to download for a full-fledged Apple iPod experience.
- WinterBoard: Helps you customize your iPod touch.
- Dtunes: Helps you download music for free.
- Mxtube: Gives you access to YouTube website.
- OpenSSH: Enables remote transfer of different files from PC to iPod.
- Categories: Helps you organize various icons in categories.
- CyDelete: Helps you delete numerous apps in one go.
- SB Settings: Helps you manage iPod touch settings from any page.
- Grooveshark: Gives you access to Grooveshark music library.
- Installous: Helps you download numerous apps.
- PwnPlayer: A media player on which you can watch videos.
That brings us to Apple iPad, the tablet PC which is Apple's triumph card in the raging war of tablets. The fact that it uses the iOS as its operating system makes the iPad compatible to Cydia applications. However, owing to its large screen size all those Cydia apps for iPhone and iPod touch may not function properly (or not function at all) on it. After some initial problems, some of the best apps were specifically tweaked to make them compatible to the iPad. The list of 10 top apps for iPad is given below.
- WinterBoard: You can customize your iPad using this Cydia app.
- Afc2add: Enables Internet browsing in USB mode.
- MyWi: Enables surfing by creating a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Applinks: Helps you create shortcuts to facilitate easy access to apps.
- StatusNotifier: Shows an email or message alert on the status bar.
- Backgrounder: Helps you run a different app in the background.
- PrivaCy: Helps you customize your privacy settings.
- BTstack Wii Controls: Helps you sync your Wii remote controls with iPad.
- Applinks: Helps you create shortcuts for apps to facilitate easy access.
- Infiniboard: Enable vertical scrolling by means of Scrollboard icons.