Best Romance Novels Ever
Romance novels have been topping bestsellers lists for quite a while now. What makes them a must read for all? How differently can someone portray an emotion as simple or as complicated as love? That's the art that the authors of these novels have mastered. To take that single emotion, and transform it into a magnificent masterpiece, for all the world to see, read, laugh and cry about. Let's check out these best selling novels that are all about the romance!
Gone With the Wind ~ Margaret Mitchell: The classic novel, written by one of the most talented authors, depicting the life of the protagonist, Scarlett O'Hara, as she lived it through the American Civil War. The book has also been made into a motion picture of the same name.
Pride and Prejudice ~ Jane Austen: One of Jane Austen's bestselling books, this one has a young woman Elizabeth Bennet as the protagonist, and revolves around how Elizabeth adjusts and adapts herself to the mannerisms and society in England in the 19th century.
Naked in Death ~ J.D. Robb: The first novel in the In Death series by J.D. Robb, this book has all the elements that a good read should have. Suspense, drama, romance, violence, and a surreal set-up. Roarke and Eve make the most unusual couple, but that's what makes them so charming. Their relationship gives a whole new dimension to the phrase, 'opposites attract'.
Love Story ~ Erich Segal: Whenever there's a love story being talked about, one simply cannot help but have Erich Segal's bestseller of the same name cross their mind. Amidst this painful tragedy, is the story of an innocent and undying love, that, to be honest, is best depicted only in a book.
Midnight Bayou ~ Nora Roberts: Nora Roberts is at her creative best with this romantic novel of hers, that has been made into a movie. The main characters of this book are Declan Fitzpatrick and Lena Simone, in a manor that everyone believes is haunted. Don't be fooled by the plot, because this book will take you into some truly disturbing twists, and finally reveal a shocking secret!
List of Some Other Romance Novels
- The Carpenter's Lady ~ Barbara Delinsky
- Bridget Jones' Diary ~ Helen Fielding
- Bound by Your Touch ~ Meredith Duran
- Marrying the Captain ~ Carla Kelly
- Smooth Talking Stranger ~ Lisa Kleypas
- The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie ~ Jennifer Ashley
- Enemy of the King ~ Beth Trissel
- Olivia and Jai ~ Rebecca Ryman
- Bet Me ~ Jennifer Cruise
- My Steadfast Heart ~ Jo Goodman
- The Promise of Rain ~ Shana Abe
- The Quiet Gentleman ~ Gerogette Hayer
- When the Splendor Falls ~ Laurie McBain
- Seduce Me at Sunrise ~ Lisa Klepas
- If I'd Never Known Your Love ~ Georgia Bockoven
- As You Desire ~ Connie Brockway
- Annie's Song ~ Catherine Anderson
- Duncan's Bride ~ Linda Howard
- The Sherbrooke Bride ~ Catherine Coulter
- Eternally Yours ~ Brenda Jackson
- The Wolf and the Dove ~ Kathleen Woodiwiss
- Outlander ~ Diana Gabaldon
- Dragonfly in Amber ~ Diana Gabaldon
- Knight of a Trillion Stars ~ Dara Joy
- Branded by Fire ~ Nalini Singh
- His Woman ~ Diana Cosby
- Untamed ~ Pamela Clare
- By Arrangement ~ Madeline Hunter
- Captives of the Night ~ Loreatta Chase
- One Real Man ~ Janette Kenny
- Mine Till Midnight ~ Lisa Kleypas