There are ample body lotion recipes for different skin types. Right from sensitive skin to oily skin, a wide range can be prepared at home. This includes homemade lotions, skin creams and also homemade lip balms.
Dry skin tends to chap and crack. You can try these recipes to make a body lotion for yourself. Apply all over your body, especially on the dry areas like palm, feet, elbows, knees, etc.
- Cocoa butter ¼ cup
- Lanolin 1 tsp
- Grated beeswax ½ oz
- Almond oil ¾ cup
- Rosewater ½ cup
- Rose oil 1 tsp
- Vitamin E capsule 1
- Mix almond oil, lanolin, beeswax and cocoa butter in a container. Melt these ingredients at low heat.
- Keep the flame low till all these ingredients melt completely. Now let it cool for sometime.
- Now take a separate bowl and mix rose water, aloe vera gel, vitamin E capsule and rose oil.
- Blend this mixture with the almond oil mixture until a smooth liquid is formed.
- Adjust the thickness of the body lotion by adding rose water and almond oil.
- Transfer this to an airtight bottle and store it in a cool dry place.
The lotion for oily skin is completely different from the one for dry skin. We always think of moisturizers and oils, but for oily skin, the recipe is formulated with ingredients that keep the skin hydrated without rendering a greasy feel.
- Seaweed 1tsp
- Alum ¼ tsp
- Gelatin mix liquid ½ cup
- Vitamin C tablet 1(500 mg)
- Multi-Vitamin Tablet 2
- For preparing this lotion, you need a blender to mix gelatin, multivitamin tablet, vitamin C, glycerin and seaweed.
- Once the ingredients have completely blended, add alum.
- Now blend once again finally to get a smooth mixture. You can add some more glycerin to improve its texture.
- Store the lotion in an air tight container. Always store in a cool place or you can even refrigerate to increase its shelf life.
Sensitive skin is prone to acne, pimples, rashes and even sun tan. So here's a pure natural recipe for body lotion for you. Try this at home and store it properly and apply anytime you want.
- Cocoa butter 1tsp
- Lanilin 2/3 cups
- Sweet almond oil 3tsp
- Borax 6 drops
- Essential oils 5-6 drops
- Water 1 tsp
- In a glass pan, mix lanolin, sweet almond oil and cocoa butter. Melt the ingredients by heating under low flame.
- Now heat the water in a separate bowl and stir the borax till it has completely dissolved in the water.
- Add the two mixtures in a container. You will observe the oil turning white in color.
- Whisk and blend with a wire until the mixture becomes creamy soft.
- Allow it to cool completely before transferring it to an air tight bottle.