After the hot oil treatment always steam your hair for few minutes. The steam will open the pores and allow the oil to soak deeper in the scalp, this will promote hair growth.
How to Use Castor Oil to Induce Hair Growth
Castor oil acts as a natural hair loss remedy which is effective for putting an end to hair fall and other hair problems. This oil can also be mixed with virgin coconut oil for extra that extra soft and lustrous hair.
- Warm the oil before applying it to the scalp. Make equal partitions of your hair. Now apply this warm oil on your scalp and roots in circular motion to ensure even distribution of the oil and improve blood circulation in the scalp. But take care that it should not be applied on the hair since this oil is thick and can be difficult to rinse it off.
- After even application of the oil, tie your hair into a bun and cover it with a plastic shower cap. Wrap a towel over the cap and leave it for about half an hour or even overnight. The essential oil for hair will seep deep into the scalp and help retain the moisture of the hair, giving it luster.
- Shampoo your hair thoroughly to remove the oil from the scalp and hair. You can use this oil for your hair for about 5 to 7 weeks and notice the difference in the way your hair is felt. You can mix grape seed oil or olive oil to reduce its consistency and the unpleasant smell.
Castor oil is extracted from the seeds and beans of the castor plant, which is used as a home remedy for various ailments and disorders. It is also considered safe for internal as well as external use and is consumed as a laxative. Castor oil is also a popular oil for hair care and is known to prevent many problems related to hair and scalp. Castor oil for hair growth in men prevents baldness and is effective in keeping male hair loss at bay.
- Using this hair oil will prevent thinning of hair and promote hair growth.
- Massaging the oil on the scalp will remove the dead cells and prevent dandruff. It also helps in eliminating brittle, dry hair.
- Castor oil acts as a hair mask and prevents hair damage. It also makes the hair voluminous and shine with health.
- This oil is an excellent conditioner which locks the moisture in the scalp and prevents it from drying. It is also a key ingredient in many hair products for dry hair.
- Want to get rid of frizzy, unmanageable hair? Apply castor oil lightly on your hair and tips to make it more manageable and prevent split ends.
- Mixing castor oil with turmeric and neem oil will get rid of head lice and nits.
- Castor oil has anti bacterial and anti fungal properties which is effective in eliminating bacteria and fungal growth in the scalp which can lead to hair loss.