Employment Verification Letter Format
As mentioned above, the employment verification letter is a means of external communication, and hence, has to be drafted carefully. The following is a conventional format that is followed by many employers to draft employment verification letters.
- Letterhead: Most of the companies draft their employment verification letters on their letterheads. The official logo and common seal of the company makes the letter more authenticate and impressive.
- Salutation: The salutation of the letter differs from case to case. In some cases, the letter is addressed to some specific person, such as a lender or landlord. In such a case, the letter must carry a personalized salutation such as, 'Dear Mr.________'. In other cases, the salutation may be generalized, like 'To Whomsoever it May Concern'.
- Employment Details: The details of employment, such as date of joining, number of days or hours of work every week, designation, etc., must be stated clearly in the main body of the letter.
- Specified Cases: At times, it becomes necessary to issue a more specified letter. For example, if the employee wants to give the letter to a bank or lender, then it must express the person's remuneration and credit worthiness.
- Signing off Statement: The letter must also have a good signing off statement. Many employers prefer to include their personal email addresses and contact numbers when the letter is issued for more sensitive cases, such as visa application or a loan application.
The following is a sample employment verification letter.
(Name and Designation of Writer)
I am writing this letter in order to inform you that Mr. (employee's name), is an employee of our company.
Mr. (employee's name), is a senior editor of our company, and has successfully worked with us for the past 7 years. In his term of employment, he has displayed a consistent, disciplined and descent, behavior. He is a very quiet person and rarely talks. He enjoys playing the piano, and is an avid reader. He is also consistent in completing all formalities and finance related concerns.
I recommend that you grant him the right of tendency. I assure that he would never cause trouble of any kind. In fact, your other tenants would be happy to have his pleasing and warm company. A point that I forgot to mention earlier, he has a natural ability to keep old people, kids, babies and pets happy and joyful.
(Your Seal and Signature)
Before writing the letter, many human resource managers and officials often try to recollect the first impression that the employee made on them. This proves to very effective, as the description of the employee is bound to tally with the reader's experience.
You might have noticed that the letter deeply describes the person's behavior, habits and qualities. It is necessary to create a pleasant impression about the employee in the mind of the reader. I hope that the sample employment verification letter was satisfactory. You may also go through more employment verification letter examples and templates to get a better idea.