Home Remedies to Exfoliate your Face
It would be ridiculous if I were to advise you to make bi-weekly (twice a week) visits to a salon, just for exfoliation. While that is a choice that is open to you, you could use these methods to exfoliate face at home, instead.
- Step 1: Firstly, it is very important that you tie up your hair. If they are not very long, then you can simply pin them up at the back. This is to ensure that your hair doesn't come on the face while you are exfoliating.
- Step 2: Now, we begin. You can begin with applying some cleansing lotion on your face and massaging it in. This will not only start the cleansing process, but also hurry it in.
- Step 3: The next step is to use some exfoliating cleanser and a scrub for the face (sponge). These have to be the ones that are specifically designed for the face. Many of these cleansers have pumice in it. Avoid using such a cleanser, it will harm the soft skin of your face. Apply the exfoliating cleanser or exfoliating face wash on the sponge.
- Step 4: Now, scrub the cleanser with the help of the scrubbing sponge on the face in light circular motions. Avoid using it below the eyes. The skin there is very delicate and the scrubbing can harm it. Make sure you scrub your cheeks, forehead, chin and jaw line effectively. Take your time at this stage. A very little known fact is that these scrubbing actions help keep the skin toned. So, take your time with it.
- Step 5: Now, you can rinse your face with lukewarm water. Do not use hot water, it will harm the skin at this stage. Once you have rinsed off all the cleanser, face wash etc, apply a moisturizer on the face. Massage it in. Make sure that you apply the moisturizer around the eyes. It will help keep the wrinkles at bay.
Exfoliating Face Naturally
Not everyone is ready to use the chemicals and synthetic materials in order to exfoliate the face. While there is no harm in these products, you can follow the steps in order to exfoliate skin naturally. Natural skin care is in fact, quite easy. Follow the steps.
- Step 1: Did you know that sugar has amazing exfoliating abilities? Well, now you do. First wet a sponge and squeeze out most of the water from it. Then dip it in white or brown sugar. Make sure the sugar is in crystal form and not fine powder.
- Step 2: Wet your face with tepid water. Now, scrub the sugar with the sponge in circular motions on the face. Avoid the area beneath the eyes. Focus on the nose, as it is the first to get affected by dirt.
- Step 3: Once you have scrubbed the face satisfactorily, rinse the face with tepid lukewarm water. Rinse it well and gently.
- Step 4: Once you have rinsed off the sugar, moisturize your face. Use a moisturizer that suits your skin, one that you have tried and tested.
Make sure you don't exfoliate your face more than twice a week. Do not go overboard, and scrub very hard. Your facial skin is quite delicate and can get damaged by very hard strokes. Do not scrub the area around the eyes. It is very delicate, which is why it can get stretched out or damaged by the scrubbing. That can cause early wrinkles as well. I hope this article has made exfoliation an easier concept for you. This is where I sign off!! Stay beautiful!!