How to Make Baby Wipes at Home
They can be made of cloth or from paper towels. Be it cloth or paper towels, select those with a soft-texture, so that you don't hurt the baby with the wipes. For making baby wipes with cloth, you have to buy some soft cloth and cut it in the size of small towels. Use these cloth wipes, which can be washed along with baby diapers. The following are some tips for making baby wipes with paper towels.
- First of all, purchase the required materials. The main thing is a good quality paper towel, which is strong and becomes soft in texture, when wet.
- In order to make wipe solution, you need one cup boiling water, one tablespoon baby lotion, one tablespoon baby soap and one tablespoon baby oil. Use the baby products, which suits the best to your baby's skin.
- Start with cutting the paper towel roll in half. You will get two paper towel rolls in the size of toilet paper rolls.
- Put one half in a plastic cylindrical container, with the cut side facing down. The container must be large enough to hold the paper towel roll.
- Now, make a slit in the middle of the lid with a sharp knife. You can pull out paper towel through this slit.
- The next step is to prepare the baby wipe solution. It can be done by mixing the ingredients - hot water, baby oil, baby soap and baby lotion. Hot water ensures a uniform blend of all ingredients.
- Now, pour the wipe solution into the container with paper roll. After some time, turn the container upside down, so that the other side also gets soaked in the solution.
- Once the solution is absorbed by the paper towels in a uniform manner, slowly pull out the cardboard core. Now, slowly pull the innermost piece through the slit in the lid and secure the lid tightly. Your homemade baby wipes are ready to use. You can pull them out from the container, as and when required.