Causes of Back Pain
If not treated timely, an acute back pain can be a pain forever. The following are some of the common causes of back pain:
- Muscle Sprain
- Herniated Disc
- Wrong Sleeping Posture
- Reduced Muscle Elasticity
- Constant Sitting
Reducing Back Pain: Treatment
Well, if tackled in the earlier stages itself, pain in the lower back can be 'lowered' to a great extent. Many back exercises and stretches to alleviate lower back pain are extremely effective, if done regularly. The following solutions may lessen your agony. Take a look, and try them out:
- If you realize that you sit for quite a long time, irrespective of what you are doing, do not sit for more than 50 minutes. Take a quick walk, or do easy exercises to alleviate lower back pain. It will help the pain from growing further. Find out more in lower back pain exercises.
- Many a time, severe back pain causes swelling in the lower back. In such a case, applying ice for good 20 - 30 minutes onto the swollen area proves to be immensely fruitful. It not only reduces the back muscle pain, but also lessens the inflammation, thus, speeding up the recovery process.
- For instant relief, muscle relaxants are no less than over-the-counter treatment. A sure-shot solution to back pain, muscle relaxants reduce the contraction of muscles, and lets you walk properly, in case it is extremely difficult.
- Nothing like the numerous yoga poses for back pain, in order to get rid of this annoyance in the most natural and easy way. Yoga is acknowledged to reach the base of the problem, and issues like back pain are sorted out in a jiffy!
- Lower back pain during pregnancy is a common occurrence. Chiefly due to growing uterus, hormonal changes, and a sitting or standing posture longer than required, are some of the key causes of pregnancy back pain. If you are suffering from the same, without fail, consult the doctor. Even though, he would prescribe you medicines, he would also suggest you to get a relieving massage or do pregnancy exercises. Other than doctor's prescriptions, you are to take care all by yourself. It is always recommended to sleep on your side, and not on your back. Secondly, avoid lifting heavy objects, and even if you bend to pick up light ones, squat down and lift with your legs. Lastly, acupuncture has proven to comfort a lot of women while they suffer from lower back pain. Try this therapy, it might help you too. So, how to alleviate lower back pain during pregnancy? You now know that.