Steps on Creating Fishtail Braid
Here are simple fishtail braid instructions, that will allow you to create a fishtail braid yourself. Remember to prepare your hair well, prior to braiding it.
- Comb all the hair and tie them in a ponytail, if you have somebody to help you, then you can tight a high pony near the nape of the neck, or make a ponytail near the nape of the neck. Then fix the ponytail with an elastic band.
- Now, divide your hair in two equal parts, and comb them again. Take a section of the hair from the left side and right side and then cross the right over the left, hold the cross hair section point in place using your right hand.
- Then using the left hand, take a section under the big section, and bring it around to the front and cross it over the middle.
- Then hold it pressed to the rest of the hair with the same hand, and let go of the right hand.
- Use the free right hand, and then take a section of hair underneath the ponytail and bring it around to the front from the right side, and cross it over the middle and hold it in place, and free the left hand.
- In this manner keep repeating, till you have made the herringbone braid, and now want to secure it.
French braid styles with a herringbone look even cooler if you are able to learn how to do a side fishtail braid. French braid is braided close to the head, and keep the hair neater. One can easily combine the fishtail braid and the French braid style, to create an even more interesting looking braid. You can also try out the Dutch braid and fishtail braid combination for a newer hairstyle look. Once you learn French braid creating Dutch braid is easy to create too, it is simply an inside out French braid.
So, gather all the things you need and create interesting looking fishtail braid hairstyles like the long French braid and fishtail braid style, the side French braid and fishtail braid style, the mini fishtail braid, or pigtails of a fishtail braid. You can also go with a Dutch braid and fishtail braid. Use some colorful accessories like hair clip, snap clips, color hair bands, etc. to add more color to your hairstyle.