Bust the Stress
Stress has the capacity to affect every part of your body, including the ability to conceive. Apart from several other reasons, stress is in fact, one of the prime causes of infertility in women who are over 40. It has to be managed if you wish for a healthy pregnancy. To do so you may learn how to maintain a balance in your life, and adopt techniques like yoga and meditation. It is known that performing certain yoga poses can help increase the chances of conceiving. An important contributor to stress is your emotional state of mind. You may be overwhelmed by the desire to have a child and at the same time, worried about the possibility of having one. However, these emotional issues must be balanced as they can affect your chances of getting pregnant.
Vitamin E is a very important nutrient when it comes to increasing fertility. Studies suggest that, it helps prevent birth defects about which you may be worried. Foods that help you get good amounts of this vitamin include nuts, seeds, and cold-pressed oils. Taking a vitamin E supplement after consulting your gynecologist is also a good option. Eating green leafy vegetables gives you the right amount of calcium, magnesium, and folic acid that are required to increase fertility. Including foods which are rich in zinc in your diet can help your reproductive organs function better, thereby increasing chances of conception.
Give up Alcohol and Tobacco
This is applicable to both; you and your partner. They are known to induce a lot of health problems, infertility being one of them. They affect the liver and kidneys, and therefore, your overall health. They also increase the chances of a high-risk pregnancy, even if you manage to conceive.
Watch your Weight
Being both overweight and underweight can be a cause for concern when it comes to conceiving, because it affects the production of hormones in the body. It also reduces the chances of Cesarean section, low birth weight, premature birth, and gestational diabetes. Following a balanced diet, and a good exercise regimen can help you both, put on or put off those kilos and give you a healthy body, ready for conception.
Apart from the aforementioned techniques and habits, there are some herbs that may help you increase fertility after 40. However, before you take them, consult a qualified herbalist, as well as your gynecologist. Herbs may interact with other drugs you are taking for various health conditions, and cause some severe side effects. Besides, every body is different and herbs can affect different bodies differently.
- Red Clover: Red clover has been listed as one of the best herbs to increase fertility. This is because it has a rich vitamin content that is important for conception. Additionally, it is also rich in calcium and magnesium, that helps in relaxing the mind and body, thereby increasing fertility. It provides best results when consumed as red clover tea. This herb however, has properties that promote thinning of blood, and should not be consumed by those who have recently undergone a surgery.
- False Unicorn Root: This herb has the ability to activate the ovaries and thus, promote ovulation. It also helps maintain a balance in hormone production.
- Raspberry Leaf: Raspberry leaf is one of the most popular herbs to increase fertility. It is also popular as a uterine tonic, and is a rich source of calcium. Consume it with red clover for the desired effect.
- Stinging Nettle: Nettle not only increases fertility, but also helps in improving the function of the adrenal system as well as the kidneys. It is rich in chlorophyll and other important minerals, that are essential for healthy functioning of the hormonal system.
- Dong Quai: This herb should be taken only on the days between ovulation and menstruation, not otherwise. Again, this herb should be consumed only in combination with other herbs, and not on its own, as there are various side effects.
- Damiana: The damiana herb functions as a natural aphrodisiac, and is known to increase sex drive by calming the nervous system and creating a balance in the hormone production. Men should preferably consume this herb to increase fertility.
- Saw Palmetto Berries: These berries are known to simulate the production of the sex hormones, and thereby increase the chances of fertility. Again, this should preferably be consumed by men.
Disclaimer: This iBuzzle article is for informative purposes only and does not, in any way, intend to replace the advice of a medical expert.