Last weekend, I was getting ready for a candle-light dinner with my hubby, wearing his favorite maroon colored A-line dress. "Today he'll be damn impressed by my gorgeous looks," I thought. But, as he took my hand in his, he just gave a creepy look and I wondered what was wrong with him. I realized, he was pointing towards my nails. Oh no! my sick-looking nails. How could I forget them? This gave him a chance to find some flaw, even after taking long hours to get ready. Next time, I just can't afford to forget my nails, in fact no one can.
Having long nails and maintaining them with proper manicure, is something we need to spare time for. Healthy-looking natural long nails surely compliment our gorgeous looks. Then, why forget them?
Most people love to have long nails. When they try those artificial nails and later remove them, they realize their natural nail tips are worse than before. Though growing long nails is a challenge, proper care and regular maintenance is exactly the mantra to see your dream come true. Go through these tips for natural long nails.
Five Tips for Natural Long Nails: Care and Maintenance
- Just forget about the fake ones. Stop using them immediately.
- A balanced diet rich in calcium, proteins and vitamins is a must for flawless and healthy nails.
- Stop using your nails as tools for dialing a phone, opening a lid, etc. Wear gloves whenever your nails come in contact with chemicals.
- Clean and moisturize you nails regularly. Do not bite your nail tips.
- Go for a manicure once in a week to have those pretty looking long nails.
Manicure for Natural Nails
Tools for manicure:
- Bowl with warm water for soaking nails
- Nail filer
- Nail buffer
- Orange stick
- Cuticle cream
- Nail-polish remover
- Cotton balls
- Base coat
- Nail polish
- Top coat
- Towel/paper towel
- Soak the cotton ball in nail polish remover and rub it on your nail to remove traces of nail polish.
- Soak your nails in warm water for about 5 minutes.
- Make all the nail tips of same length using the nail clippers.
- Use the nail filer if they need just little trimming. Give them proper shape using this filer. Do not use seesaw movement, file them in one direction. You can give square, rounded or rounded square shape to your nails, depending on your choice.
- Use the nail buffer to make the nail surface even. Use the roughest edge and move it back and forth on the nail. Now use the less rough part and repeat the movement. Then use the smoothest side for polishing the nail.
- Apply cuticle oil on your nails and massage it.
- Using the orange stick, remove the dirt below your nails and push the cuticles back, towards the skin.
- Dry your nails with towel and make sure no residue is left.
- Apply the base coat. This is a clear polish applied before the actual nail polish.
- Once the base coat dries properly, apply one layer of your desired nail polish, followed by the second. But, make sure that the first one dries before you start applying the next one. Let the nails dry.
- Apply the top coat to seal the nail polish color and add a shine to it.
- Are your nails completely dry? If yes, the manicure is done.