Traditional Menu Ideas for Thanksgiving
Obviously, most people like to go traditional when it comes to festivities. So, let us check out my favorite traditional thanksgiving menu!
- Appetizer 1- Prosciutto-Wrapped Crudite. This Tuscan appetizer is the perfect beginning to a memorable meal. Honestly, it would make one long for more yummy food!
- Appetizer 2 - Butternut Squash and Apple Soup. This appetizer is a great accompaniment with the crudite. Besides, butternut squash is a classic!
- Main Course - Roast Turkey. While all other forms of turkey may be popular, none can beat the classic roast turkey on Thanksgiving.
- Side Dish 1 - Mashed Potatoes. It goes without saying that, mashed potatoes are the loyal sidekick to turkey. Where I come from, thanksgiving without the mashed potato along with the turkey is incomplete.
- Side Dish 2 - Dressed sage and sausage. It is basically sage sausage cooked and dressed in chopped apples.
- Side Dish 3 - Orange-Pear-Cranberry Threesome. It is the perfect mixture of the tastiest fruits. It needs to be cold when served.
- Dessert - Vanilla Cheesecake. You can go with any kind of dessert. My favorite being vanilla cheesecake, I have mentioned it. You can take your pick as per your convenience.
Vegetarian Menu Ideas for Thanksgiving
Now, not all people giving thanks are into the turkey drift. Here is a menu idea for my vegetarian readers. This one is my favorite and works really well.
- Appetizer 1 - Fall Salad. It is a colorful salad that blends perfectly with the changing whether.
- Appetizer 2 - French Onion Soup. It is the perfect mate with the fall salad. It is made with beef broth, and mind you, non-vegetarians can't spot a flaw!
- Main Course - Lasagna. One can opt for a vegetarian lasagna to be the perfect center to a perfect veggie meal.
- Side Dish 1 - Mashed Potato. Mashed potato can be a part of the veggie thanksgiving meal as well. It completes the thanksgiving feel.
- Side Dish 2 - Cranberry sauce. Wouldn't thanksgiving be incomplete without delicious cranberry sauce?
- Bread - Corn Bread. Hot corn bread topped with cream cheese or butter can be a great accompaniment to the main course.
- Dessert - Sweet Potato Pie. It is the classic thanksgiving dessert idea. In fact, really beautiful women are also called sweet potato pie, on thanksgiving (just FYI).
Healthy Menu Ideas for Thanksgiving
For the health freaks (like myself), thanksgiving is no respite from the self compulsion of a healthy diet. So, how are you supposed to go about enjoying and giving thanks?
- Appetizer 1 - Antipasto Sausage Skewers. This towering healthy delight is a great way to begin the healthy thanksgiving celebrations.
- Appetizer 2 - Spinach and Green Apple Salad. Salad, as you know is healthy. Coming with the strength of spinach and the taste of green apple, this is a great appetizer even for ones who are not into health food.
- Main Dish - Turkey with Apple Cider. This turkey breast preparation is a filling, yet, light main dish. While you leave behind the turkey grease and the greasy (cholesterol filled) filling, it comes with a delicious apple cider gravy.
- Side Dish 1 - Jewel Roasted Vegetables. These roasted vegetables are great to munch with the yummy turkey.
- Side Dish 2 - Mashed Sweet Potato with Orange Essence. While mashed sweet potato is a classic side dish, you can couple it with orange essence and get ready to experience a new level of tasty, healthy food.
- Dessert - Frozen Pumpkin Mousse Pie. Instead of going for the high calorie chocolate mousse pie, go for pumpkin. Not only it is lesser in calories, but better for health as well.
While thanksgiving menu ideas for kids are not that difficult to come up with, as they would include cookies, pies and basic foods. Just make sure that they have adult supervision when kids get cooking. You can also alter the recipes, to make them suit your style and taste in the best way possible. However, the most essential thing about thanksgiving, is to be with the ones you love. For it is in their company, that you feel truly blessed and thankful. This is where I sign off! All the best!